When I say “Detox” I am not referring to a deprivation diet; I am referring to cleansing through the use of whole foods and purifying drinks to support your body’s ability to detoxify effectively so you can function optimally. Ayurveda recommends a seasonal cleansing, purification, and renewal process in which we eliminate whatever physical and emotional toxicities we have accumulated, allowing our mind-‐‑body to return to a natural state of balance and health. After we’ve released the stored toxins that prevent the free flow of energy and information throughout our entire physiology, we can engage in practices of rejuvenation that nurture our vitality and wellbeing. At New England Wellness Partners, we believe in cleansing seasonally through the use of whole delicious foods appropriate for that season (no deprivation!).
Does any of the following sound familiar…?
- You want to forget that belly bloat ever existed and enjoy your new slimmer tummy (compliments of a happy digestive system)
- Youwant to melt away 5-‐‑10 pounds of toxic inflammation from your body and finally, feel healthier
- Youwant to recharge your body, mind, and spirit while reclaiming your health this season
- You’reready to reclaim your energy
- You’reready to kick the unyielding sugar addiction that controls your every move
- Youwant to discover the root of why you feel tired, have unwanted weight gain, struggle with zero motivation, suffer from horrible mood swings and always crave unhealthy food
- You’reready to explore which foods help you thrive in your body, and gain motivation to say “NO” to the food that doesn’t work for your unique system
- You’reeager to learn how to support your body so that you can live a fuller, healthier life
Why should I Detox?
It’s no secret we live in an extremely toxic world from the food we eat to the products we apply, to the air we breathe – our bodies are flooded with over 700 thousand on a daily basis. At any given moment, tens of thousands of toxins are making their way into the body and wreaking havoc on cells and systems. Without proper detoxification, a buildup of toxins in your body can cause:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Poor mental state
- Sore joints
- Leaky gut
- Bad breath
- Mood swings
- Lack of concentration
- Difficulty sleeping
Can my body eliminate these toxins on its own?
The answer to this question is yes, in moderation, our bodies were designed to detoxify and self-‐‑ cleanse. However, because there are so many toxins in the world and because most of us don’t fuel our body with the proper nutrition, our bodies cannot cleanse as they were originally designed to. Therefore, our bodies rely on support to renew and restore. Did you know that your gut makes up 70% of your immune system? When harmful bacteria and chemicals damage the lining of your gut, toxins can leak out and travel to other parts of your body, causing undesirable symptoms. Detoxing can rebuild your gut, and cleanse your body naturally.
If you’re wondering what you can do to reverse the impact of not-‐‑so-‐‑healthy decisions then the answer is to cleanse your body with a whole foods detox program.
You really are what you eat!
One of the main ways toxins enter our bodies is through the food we eat. Take a walk through your grocery store and you’ll realize that 90% of the food on the shelves is genetically modified junk filled with sugar, chemicals, and preservatives – all lacking nutrition. By supporting your body through seasonal detoxes, you’re fueling your body with seasonal bounty, each of which naturally support your body. Put simply – you’re giving your body the nourishment it needs to thrive.
I offer a variety of programs, like my group, one-on-one coaching, and corporate wellness events. Find out more about how I can help you get started with regaining your health, or take your current success to the next level.